– USA, MI – Tower International, Inc. (NYSE:TOWR), a leading global manufacturer of engineered automotive structural metal components and assemblies, announced today that Thomas K.… => Read more
– USA, CA – Sempra Energy (NYSE: SRE) has appointed Bethany Jean Mayer and Andrés Conesa to its board of directors.… => Read more
– USA, TX – Waste Management Inc. (NYSE:WM) today announced the election of Bradbury (Brad) H. Anderson, who previously served as a member of the board of directors, to the position of board chairman, effective February 27, 2017.… => Read more
– USA, NY – Columbus McKinnon Corporation (NASDAQ:CMCO), a leading designer, manufacturer and marketer of material handling products, technologies and services, announced that, effective today, its Board of Directors has appointed Mark D.… => Read more
– USA, WA – Blucora, Inc. (NASDAQ:BCOR), a leading provider of technology-enabled financial solutions to consumers, small businesses and tax professionals, today announced that it has appointed William L.… => Read more
– UK, Bradford – Provident Financial plc (LSE:PFG), is delighted to announce the appointment of Andrea Blance to its board as an independent non-executive director with effect from 1 March 2017.… => Read more
By Emma Ford
An interview with trustee Stuart Lund, around how he combines his interests in his NED portfolio.
Born and educated in Australia, Stuart Lund is a Chartered Accountant who has enjoyed an international career with KPMG, Shell and Anglo American. He is currently Chair of Trustees for Tideway Sailability and Board Chairman at London Corinthian Services Ltd, and provides probono business consultancy to Social Enterprises in Sub-Saharan Africa.
1) Being a non-exec can give you an opportunity to give back to your community and the organisations you are interested in: Is this the case for you and what do you enjoy the most?
I don’t really like the term “give back”. I see voluntary non-exec roles as a way of continuing to make a positive contribution.
I have a personal interest in sailing and so my efforts go towards supporting a charitable Sailability Centre in London as well as assisting my local sailing club through governance of our bar, functions and meetings venue business. Of these, the Sailability centre provides the most enjoyment as it is easy to identify the benefits provided to sailors of varying abilities who use our facilities and I am able to share my passion for recreational sailing.
2) Do you …read more
Read more here:: Insights: Mixing Business With Pleasure in a NED Role
– USA, MA – Arrakis Therapeutics, a pioneering biopharmaceutical company, has completed a $38 million Series A financing led by Canaan Partners with participation by Advent Life Sciences, Pfizer Inc., Celgene Corporation, Osage University Partners, and biotech industry leader Henri Termeer.… => Read more
– ISRAEL, Rehovot – Pharma Two B Ltd., a privately held biopharmaceutical company focused on developing treatments for Parkinson’s disease, announced today it has completed its third round of financing.… => Read more
– UK, Cambridge – Congenica, a leading provider of clinical genome analysis technology, announced today that it has raised £8m ($10m) in its Series B financing round.… => Read more